You only need to be human to be peaceful...

The note I wrote before our last elections in Kenya....

I refuse to believe that we need any conferences or seminars to hold a peaceful election and embrace the outcome..
I refuse to accept that we need to have concept papers written to seek funds from donors to talk about peace...
I will not be convinced that we need to form NGOs to make us peaceful...
I refuse to think that we need any prayer rallies to make people embrace peace in the election time....
My brain has refused to accept that we need to call the name of the devil when looking for peace...

What I know with certainty is that we only need to be human beings to maintain peace..
To be human requires that one key organ be available inside our skulls and it is called a brain..
To be human requires us to use that brain not to breach peace...
To be human allows the brain to make the judgment after listening to the politicians in rallies...
To be human demands that we appreciate differing points of view from the political front and other aspects...
And to be human with a brain is all it takes to keep peace.

I am human, I have a brain and I will use it to be peaceful without attending any seminar or forming an NGO! 
Every Kenyan has a choice to be human and that is all it takes to keep peace.

Comments