How not to treat a mother: How I got tricked..

So one day, I am working over the weekend with some colleagues of mine in the office. Suddenly, we notice some woman in her old age walking into the compound. One of my colleagues tells me that the woman coming in is a big bother and that I should tell her that he is not around. Being a human being and a new staff then, I see no big deal about it and communicate the same to the woman when she gets to the entrance of the office. She registers her disappointment and wonders loudly why I am lying to her. Meanwhile,my colleague is locked up in another office listening to my explanations and lies on his behalf.

My other colleague is suspiciously silent all through this episode. So the woman tells us that she is convinced that I am lying to her and that she is going to camp at the gate until that guy comes out and she proceeds to sit at the gate.







We go out for lunch and lock the doors as proof that the office has no one inside but she tells us that she has no problem sitting at the gate. We return after an hour and your guess is as good as mine, she is still there. We would go ahead to work the entire afternoon and reached the point where the real locking of the office had to take place and this could not take place with this guy inside as he would only come out on Monday. It is 5.30pm and the old lady is still at the gate which was the ONLY opening into the compound and the guy had to come out finally.

As it would turn out, this colleague of mine had actually made me lie to his mum who had known how nasty his son could get and her patience proved her right. She only told me that she wondered how I could have maintained a lie to keep her from seeing her son. There was no way I was going to tell her that her son was the one who gave me instructions on what to tell 'that woman'. She never forgave me for the rest of the time I bumped into her more than a hundred times and the son never told the true story. I took the heat, the blame and the curse. No wonder even if I eat a whole cow, the person herding the cow plus the rope tied to the cow I still do not add weight.

Comments